Thursday, May 8, 2008

Field Trip!

I joined a new club called Moms Club and this tuesday we went on a field trip to barefoot farms. Well I'm sure it won't be hard for those of you who know sofia well to imagine, but while all the other children were listening to jennifer (the owner of the farm) talk about how to care for the animals, or watching her walk from room to room, sofia was off exploring something. When we walked past the shed were the tractors were held, sofia was the ONLY child, crawling on the machines yelling, "i drive the tractors mommy". now imagine, this was my first event with these women, i had never met them before, and they had never met me, or my children. so, for our first outing, my child had to be the free spritied, roaming, daughter that she is. She did great with the animals which is better than i expected. she touched them on her own time and followed them around and laughed when they followed her. it was nice to see that she wasn't afraid. enjoy the pictures of her and leah and abby. these also come, via kathy because i forgot my camera, so thank you to kathy for taking pictures of sofia and capturing her spirit in all of them!

sofia escaping up a hill and leah and abby following her!
sofia riding a tractor and notice she of course has found a home for her cup!
staring at the animals.




1 comments:

Angie said...

I just joined our local Mom's Club a couple of months ago also! I know how you feel about free spirited...Will is exactly the same way. All the other kids are doing circle time in our gym class and my child is off in the gym trying to figure out how to hang upside down on the equipment.